Saturday, July 7, 2012

Deep Calls Unto Deep

Oh Lord, 
Deep calls unto Deep
in the thunder of Your waterspout;
As the storm swirls about me,
I delight in the secret place in the center.
(See Psalm 42:7.)
I read about waterspouts and learned about the still place in the center--the eye of the storm. The Lord made me think of "the secret place" where we can go to be alone with Him even in the midst of a storm.In my understanding a waterspout is rainfall in a vessel of water that is hollow in the middle, like a little tornado of water. It is mentioned only one time in Scripture in Psalm 42:7. This Bible verse has been popping up several times in my life for a week or more. I am a part of Deep River Church, so the word  'DEEP' was highlighted to me. The waterspout is a natural phenomenon that describes what happens to me when I commune with the Lord in flagging and dance! I have a new Facebook friend, Dara Casey, who flags for worship and teaches on flagging, and makes awesome silk flags and streamers that she paints herself. She prays over each one and asks for a prophetic Word to send with each one. 
Here is what Dara wrote to me: 
"I made you a dance streamer out of my blue painted silk. I see you twirling and twirling with it wrapping around you like a waterspout..
Deep calling to Deep."
PETER LOST FOCUS WHEN HE LOOKED AT THE STORM RAGING AROUND HIM. 
THE LORD IS OUR PRINCE OF PEACE DURING THE DARK RAGING STORMS. 
DRAW CLOSE TO HIM, STAY FOCUSED & THE LORD WILL SURELY LEAD YOU TO SAFETY♥

So blessed to use Dara's gift--a hand-painted silk streamer for worship, with Amy Himmelberger. 7-6-12

No comments:

Post a Comment