Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Watchful and Ready Bride of Christ

The ancient Jewish Bridegroom did usually come at night for His Bride. The Bride in the ancient Jewish wedding did not know when the Bridegroom was coming for her, day or night. The parable in Matthew 25;1-13 has a duel, parallel purpose. First, Jesus is clearly speaking to the Jewish people of God and secondly He is speaking to the non-Jewish people of God. Neither will know the exact day or hour, but Paul writes that God's people will know the season. The Bride of Christ is to be prepared, have our lamps, ourselves, FILLED with oil, His Holy Spirit, night and day. Paul tells us that it will happen in the "twinkle of an eye". The eye muscle that allows us to blink, is the fastest muscle in our bodies. One blink is in milliseconds--that’s how fast it will be! "Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which he is coming." (See Matthew 25:13.) BE READY, BRIDE!  "At midnight a cry was heard; Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!" (See Matthew 25:6.)
“Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, 
for the wedding of the Lamb has come, 
and His bride has made herself ready.” 
(See Revelations 19:7)
"My darling Bride, you are
My private paradise
Fastened to My heart.
You are a secret spring
That no one else can have—
My bubbling fountain
Hidden from public view.
I’ve found an equal partner for Me
Now that I have you!"
Song of Songs 4:12 The Passion Translation

1 comment:

  1. Appreciate this post. I found it as i was preparing retreat items on this theme. I would like to use the image of the lamp and scripture as a bookmark for the retreat ladies. I assume it is a professional copyrighted image. Who do I ask for permission to use it for a not for profit item?

    ReplyDelete